Inside the Gilded Age
Tour of the Newport Mansions
Fans of HBO's The Gilded Age will love this guided tour of locations in the Newport Mansions where the show was filmed- from the ballroom where Gladys Russell made her society debut to the kitchen where the household staff work and gossip. Your guide will share stories about the real-life people who lived in the mansions and inspired many of the characters in The Gilded Age, as well as give you the inside scoop on what it takes to host a major television production.
Fridays Only, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Pick up and drop off at The Chanler via mini-coach
- As you travel from mansion to mansion, enjoy a narration of Newport's history as a summer resort and descriptions of some of the mansions that you pass along the way
- Visits to select rooms featured in The Gilded Age at The Elms, Marble House, Chateau-sur-Mer, and Breakers
- Refreshments on the porch at Chateau-sur-Mer
- Each guest will receive an individual Preservation Society membership
- Guests also receive a 10% discount in the Newport Mansion Stores.
$250 per person (ages 13 and older only)
Maximum of 12 people per tour. Tours are subject to a minimum number (6). If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour will be canceled, and tickets refunded. Please note: Due to the historic building this excursion is not handicap accessible and includes a large amount of walking, including stairs.