Chanler Yurts | 401.847.2244
Like Scandinavia, Newport is known for its natural beauty and vast coastlines. Our three outdoor heated yurts are inspired by the Scandinavian concept of Hygge (pronounced hue-guh). From the Norwegian word meaning “well being” and the feeling of coziness, we've created an experience to warm your belly, heart and soul. The private Nordic setting overlooks the moonlit waters of the Atlantic Ocean and our 150 year old statuesque mansion. Our staff will provide each guest with bespoke, unobtrusive service throughout your experience in a heated candlelit yurt. The culinary team, led by Executive Chef Jacob Jasinski, has crafted two 4-course Prix Fixe menus based on traditional Scandinavian cuisine with a focus on game and fish or locally grown winter vegetables.
About The Menu
Traditional Scandinavian cuisine isn't terribly different in theory than the approach we take to traditional New England cuisine. We look to our immediate region and cook the food that is available when it is its most delicious. They are paired with ingredients that make sense, available during the same season, grow in the same general area, share a similar flavor profile and then use those ingredients to accent one another to make a flavorful dish.
The techniques applied use methods of preservation like curing with salt and sugar, brining, smoking, storing in fats/confit and fermenting. These techniques have been around for centuries and provide a depth of flavor and a level of authenticity to the foods we are serving.
- Three private heated yurts
- Wednesdays - Sundays only
- Evening seating time options: 5:00 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm
- Number of Guests: Minimum of 2 guests, maximum of 5 guests per yurt
- Price: $150 per person, plus 8% tax and 20% service charge
- Location: Cliff Lawn
- Dates: Starting February 5, 2021 through April 18, 2021
- The yurt is heated, however, we recommend you dress in outerwear that is suitable for that day's outdoor temperature.
- Should there be high winds or other types of inclement weather that would prevent us from serving you in the yurt, we will contact you to either reschedule your reservation, or cancel for a full refund.
- We ask that you arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your reservation. Should you be running late, please contact us so that we can ensure your courses are timed appropriately and your food is hot upon serving it to you.
- The hotel requires that your menu be pre-ordered. A member of our food and beverage team will contact you at least 24-48 hours in advance to coordinate.
- Hotel guests can reserve their yurt for any date available. Non-hotel guests can reserve up to 14 days in advance.