Special Events at The Chanler
Indulge in Exclusive Culinary Events
Experience a new and exciting New England culinary program this year. Inspired by Executive Chef Matt Voskuil, The Chanler at Cliff Walk and Cara are excited to host indulgent holiday dinners and a brand new Tasting Series: Foundation of Taste. It’s dining reimagined.
Hot Chocolate Bar
Using the world’s finest chocolate, our chef’s dedicated themselves to the creation of three unique, artisan quality hot chocolate flavors. Add the perfect alcohol pairing and listen to the ocean around our roaring fire pit. Open daily from noon until 10:00 pm in The Café or The Bar. No reservations are required.
Hot Chocolate Menu:
- Milk Chocolate: Hazelnut whipped cream on top of Valrhona hot milk chocolate with a praline covered rim and garnished with Biscotti
- White Chocolate: Caramel whipped cream on top of Valrhona hot white chocolate covered with a gold sugar rim and garnished with a coconut dark chocolate macaroon
- Spicy Dark Chocolate: Cayenne whipped cream on top of dark Valrhona hot chocolate with a choco crumble rim and garnished with a homemade vanilla marshmallow
Beach Polo on Eason's Beach is one of the most highly anticipated events of the Newport Winter Festival. The polo match takes place on Easton's Beach, a short walk from the grounds of The Chanler. We are excited to partner with Newport Polo to host an exclusive celebration on The Terrace on both Saturday & Sunday afternoon. Return to The Chanler after the beach polo match for an Aprés Polo celebration with the players, overlooking Newport's Cliff Walk. Indulge in light fare and beverages including our new Hot Chocolate Bar, featuring the world's finest chocolate. Guests are also encouraged to come indoors and visit The Café or The Bar for a heartier meal or additional drink options.
- Cost: Free to attend, food & beverages to be purchased
- Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Date: Saturday, February 23rd & Sunday, February 24th
Foundation of Taste: 2019 Tasting Series
Introducing Foundation of Taste: Our revamped Tasting Series beginning in March of 2019. Our Foundation of Taste events are interactive, focused explorations of ingredients and preparation. Check back soon for more information on our first tasting event this March.